- Gain a deeper insight into Dyscalculia
- Learn from a world renowned mathematics and dyscalculia expert.
- Learn about evidence-based practice in maths based on research.
- Understand the constellation of learning factors and their interconnectivity.
- Learn how to profile students with maths difficulties.
- Know which strategies benefit which students.
- Consolidate concepts you currently find difficult to teach.
- Help students across the age range.
- Understand the importance of dialogue.
- Use a checklist to identify the needs of struggling maths students.
- Improve your knowledge and confidence in dealing with maths difficulties.
- Have the confidence to refer students to further learning support.
- Offer multiple strategies to empower maths strugglers / dyscalculics.
- Understand how anxiety can impact on maths.
- 1. Generalisations
- 2. Patterns
- 3. Commutative Property
- 4. Number lines
- 5. Number sense
- 6. Estimation skills
- 7. Multiplication fact square
- 8. Number bonds to make 10
SummaryConsolidating concepts, why you need to gain perspective and help students to understand the constellation of mathematical learning factors and their interconnectivity. Steve further offers general advice on evidence-based practice.
SummaryNumerical Stroop as well as a deeper understanding of the role of long-term memory, speed of working, working memory and sequencing in math.
SummaryResearch into dialogue, how children develop a sense of number and various strategies to gain a congruent sense of number and place value.
SummaryHow metacognition and subsequent cognition styles can be used to better understand a student’s mathematical difficulties, anxiety and success. This section includes a checklist to help you better understand the child’s mathematical needs.